Please fill out the form and we will get back to you ASAP
Recent research from a bed manufacturing company (Sealy UK) have revealed the sleeping habits of 1000 workers and how it impacts on their attendance at work:
- 32% said that they wake up feeling tired
- 21% of these have called in sick as a result.
- 6% of men are more likely to “pull a sickie” than women
- 10% admitted to falling asleep at their PC
- 12% confirmed that they regularly take a “power nap” during working hours.
The cost of poor sleeping habits and the impact this has on attendance has been estimated to cost around £453m in lost productivity.
The first step employers should take to tackle this is to ensure that they have a robust sickness absence procedure in place. Carrying our return to work interviews reduce sickness absence by a third. If you want to know more information about managing sickness absence please contact us.